Deeside Flight Simulators Ltd
About This Policy
More information about your rights, and how to exercise them, is set out in the “Your Rights” section below.
In addition to information that you provide to us (e.g. when purchasing a flight simulation or contacting us).
We collect and process information about you that you provide through your visit and use of us.
Our legal status under applicable data protection law is that of a “data controller” (meaning that we decide the purposes for which and the ways in which your personal information is collected and used) and in this capacity we will securely store and process your personal information.
The Information We Collect
Information provided by you
We may collect the personal information stated below, when, for example, you purchase a simulation and or voucher for an experience at our unit or complete the “Contact us” form; on our web site.
(ii) Contact number;
(iii) Email address.
If you register for a service using your Facebook account, we will receive certain personal data from Facebook such as your name and email address. We may receive other details depending on your Facebook privacy settings.
Information about your use of our services
During your visit to, or use of our services, we will also collect information about:
- Your visit (e.g. time, date, duration);
- Your home address;
- Your comments on the service you have received.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We will use your personal information:
(i) Where it’s necessary to fulfil a contract with you: in particular, in providing and delivering the flight experience that you have requested.
(ii) When it’s in our legitimate interests to do so and when these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights: in particular:
- communicating with you;
- resolving disputes and/or troubleshooting problems;
(iii) Consent: We will ask you for your consent to collect or process your personal information on certain occasions, in particular:
- In order to send you information about our latest news, and / or products and services offered by us. We may contact you by various methods (including by post, email, telephone or SMS).
- You can also opt out of receiving marketing emails from us by using the contact details provided below.
- Please note that whenever we ask for your consent in order to process your personal data, you may withdraw this consent at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided below;
(iv) Where we’re required to do so by law: For example, if we receive a request from law enforcement or other government officials.
You control the data we hold on you:
When you purchase an experience directly with us you will be given the opportunity to indicate whether or not you are happy for us to use your personal information in order to tell you about our offers, products or services.
If you would like us to stop using your personal information for targeted advertising purposes, you can send us an email by using the contact details provided below.
Where We Store Your Personal Information
Your personal information will only be stored on site using a password protected PC hard-drive
How We Keep Your Personal Information Secure
We take privacy issues very seriously and we understand that keeping your personal information secure is very important to you.
When handling personal information, security is paramount and we use all reasonable measures to safeguard your information and to ensure it is adequately protected.
Our system is hosted by service providers whom we consider to have good reputations for security, but please note that we cannot guarantee that any personal information transmitted over the internet is completely secure.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We will never disclose your data to our suppliers and or agencies.
You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide to them your personal information and/or information concerning your activities whilst visiting the site, we shall be entitled to do so.
If our business is sold or integrated with another business, your personal information will be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchaser’s adviser and will be passed to the new owners of the business.
We will disclose your personal information to our trusted advertising partners for the purpose of assisting us in delivering tailored advertising, as more fully described above.
You have various rights with respect to our use of your personal information:
- Access: You have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. Please note that there are exceptions to this right, so that access may be denied if, for example, making the information available to you would reveal personal information about another person, or would reveal trade secrets, or if we are legally prevented from disclosing such information. If we have deleted or anonymised your data then we won’t be able to provide you with a copy of that data. If you wish to exercise this right, please contact us using the contact details provided below.
- Accuracy: We aim to keep your information accurate, current, and complete. We encourage you to contact us using the contact details provided below to let us know if any of your personal information is not accurate or changes, so that we can keep your personal information up-to-date.
- Objecting: In certain circumstances you also have the right to object to processing of your personal information:
(i) Which is based on our legitimate interests;
(ii) For direct marketing purposes;
(If you would like to object to (i), please contact us using the contact details provided below.
Please see the How We Use Your Personal Information section above for information on how to object to (ii).
- Erasing and Restricting: You have the right to ask us to erase or restrict your personal information. If you would like us to stop using your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided below.
- Please note that there are exceptions to these rights, if, for example, we are under a legal obligation to continue to process your personal information.
- Porting: You have the right to request that your personal information is ported to you.
- Complaints: If you believe that your data protection rights may have been breached, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority in the country of your habitual residence, place of work or of the potential breach, or to seek a remedy through the courts. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner’s Office, whose website at ico.org.uk provides information on how you can lodge a complaint.
When we ask you to supply us with information we will make it clear whether the information we are asking for must be supplied so that we can provide the products and services to you.
How Long We Keep Your Personal Information For
We will retain your personal information, for as long as we reasonably believe it necessary to fulfil our business purposes or to comply with applicable law, audit requirements, regulatory requests or orders from competent courts. We will then delete or anonymise it.
The Deeside Flight Simulators Ltd web site and Facebook page may contain links to other websites over which we have no control. We are not responsible for privacy policies or practices of other websites to which you choose to link from our web or Facebook sites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those other web sites so you can understand how they collect, use and share your personal information.
You may contact us as follows:
- Email: email@example.com
- Post: Deeside Flight Simulators Ltd, Unit 18 Flexspace Business Park, North Road, Ellesmere Port. CH65 1AE
- Phone: 0151-348-8926
Deeside Flight Simulators Limited (registered with number 09967482) with registered address at: Unit 18, Evans Business Park, North Road, Ellesmere Port. CH65 1AE.
Last updated: 24th May 2018 (v1.1)